Age

Friday, August 10, 2012

Enjoying time with the Texas cousins


My sister, Sara, was in town last week so of course we had a lot of fun things planned to keep the kids busy.  

In these next few pictures, we are at Lake Michigan.  Believe it or not, this was the first time I had taken Andrew to one of the Great Lakes.  He was a little unsure of it at first but he quickly fell in love with it.  Digging in the sand was a huge hit!



The back ground for this picture is that I had asked Dayana if she wanted to give Sylvia a bottle while I got a few things done around the house.  When I came back, she was feeding Sylvia with one hand and reading a book to Andrew with the other hand.  Even I can't do that!
One of the other days, we went to the zoo.  Same as last year, Andrew didn't care much for the animals.  He was much more interested in all the other activities that the zoo had to offer.  In this next picture, Andrew and Daniel are sitting in a fort.
Here, Grandpa Huizinga is showing Andrew how an old tractor works.
And yet another activity was going to the Kent County Youth Fair in Lowell.  The animals were a little more intriguing to Andrew this time because he could get so close to them and even pet them in some cases.

Looking at the young chicks.  Andrew asked if he could 'go in there.'
If you know my son, you know he loves fans.  I had not idea that a youth fair had SO many fans!  Those were by far the highlight for him, especially these industrial sized ones.  Everywhere we looked there were more 'FANS!'
I think this picture is so sweet...Dayana, Andrew & Daniel watching the horses together.
All this activity wore my boys out!

No comments:

Post a Comment