Age

Friday, October 11, 2013

Calvin College nature walk

We continue to be blessed with sunny, mild days and so each day I feel like we need to go outside and soak it up while we can. So I took the kids to the nature walk at my alma mater, Calvin College. We took a 'princess' bag with us to gather fun items along the way such as leaves, twigs, stones, and nuts. We also saw a deer, a dead mouse, and a large beehive. Fun times. When we got home, we had fun sorting through all our things. And my inquisitive Andrew had to see what was inside all those acorns/nuts we collected. I wish I had taken pictures of his face as we dissected and smashed open the acorns.

A fun large rock to sit on before our walk begins
And they are off!
This leaf is going in the bag!
We hear a noise so the kids had to yell 'hello?' for a few minutes before it was safe to move on
Sylvia taking a break by playing with leaves, sticks, and wood chips
Ready, set, go!
She is on the move, people :)
my happy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment